Bewildered Dad’s Yorkshire Radio Show is back after a three-week gap – I give my excuses in the show. It also leads to a quiz question about a beloved Yorkshire seaside resort and two songs from massive artists from the town. You can also hear about the South Yorkshire artist who turned the airwaves blue, the Sheffield indie star who may have fessed all online and which Leeds band have teamed up with a bone fide global megastar?
Listen now to the show
Plus music from Sheffield‘s Longpigs, The Orielles from Halifax, South Yorkshire’s All Seeing I (with Tony Christie), Yard Act and Apollo Junction from West Yorkshire and even David Bowie. But what is the Thin White Duke’s connection to the White Rose county? Find out in this week’s episode.
Oh yeah, and Little Horton in Bradford’s superstar daughter, Kiki Dee. And I also steal a fact about her from the brilliant Random Retro Chart Show, hosted by Simon Green.
Episode 5 Tracklisting
- I’ve Got The Music In Me – Kiki Dee
- 50 to a £ – The Paddingtons
- Walk Like a Panther – All Seeing I
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Here I Go Again – Whitesnake
- Bobbi’s Second World – The Orielles
- She Said – Longpigs
- Cole’s Corner – Richard Hawley
- History – Apollo Junction
- You’re Gorgeous – Babybird
- Ziggy Stardust – David Bowie
- 100% Endurance – Yard Act ft. Elton John
Oh, and here’s that Richard Hawley awards speech in full: